Frequently Asked Question(s)
- Complaint related violation of the provisions of Act and Regulation.
- Food Adulteration.
- Food poisoning
- Food contaminations
- Misleading labeling and packaging
- Misleading Advertisements
- Licensing and registration related grievances.
- Counterfeit products
- Sub-standard quality of food products
- Unhygienic Conditions and malpractices by FBOs.
- Complaints against enforcement officers of States and Centre
- Queries/suggestions related to Ban of certain food Products (e.g. soft drinks, pan masala etc.).
- Unauthorized use of food ingredients.
- Miscellaneous like less weight of food products, offer on the particular products and the one related to other departments.
Consumers can connect to FSSAI through various channels. Consumers can register their complaints and feedbacks about food safety issues related to adulterated food, unsafe food, substandard food, labelling defects in food and misleading claims & advertisements related to various food products.
Channels through which consumers can connect with FSSAI are:
- Helpline (Toll Free)
- Food Safety Voice
- FSSAI APP
- Formal representation
- Walk-in with prior appointment
- GAMA portal for concerns regarding misleading claims and advertisements.
- CPGRAM portal
- Representations from various associations, organizations, institutions etc.